Internet Service Providers In Nepal
Today in this article we will have a look at the status of internet service providers in Nepal. But at first let us have a general introduction about the Internet Service Providers (ISP). Well, in simple word, ISP(Internet Service Provider) is a company that provides Access to Internet to various individuals and Organizations. An ISP is sometime called as an IAP(Internet Access Provider).
Status of ISP in Nepal
As, per the report retrieved from ISPAN on 30 January 2017 there are 23 different ISP in Nepal. As the internet penetration is increasing in Nepal, so is the quality and standard of ISP’s. Although in the past years ISP’s were limited in cities areas, today ISP’s are increasing their range. However, still wide areas of Nepal is not covered by ISP’s. Mostly, people in the rural areas are using Internet through smart phones. It might still take ISP’s some years to reach every corner of the country.
List Of Top ISP’s In Nepal
1) WorldLink Communication: WorldLink is the largest Internet and Network Service Providers in Nepal. It was Founded by Dileep Agrawal in 1995. Worldlink has been Providing high speed FTTx, IPTV and fixed wireless broadband service. As per the Report of Nepal telecommunication Authority on December 2017, worldlink has 190 thousand active consumer broadband Internet accounts and more than 2000 corporate accounts along with 25 thousands IPTV Subscribers. Out of 75 district in Nepal, Worldlink has covereage in 63 of them. As of May 2019, Worldlink has 282,305 customers in FTTH(Fiber To The Home) covering 57% of the Fiber Internet Market. It has its Head Office at Jawalakhel, Lalitpur. Tel: 01-5970050. For Plans and Pricing please have a look at : https://worldlink.com.np/.
2) Subisu Cablenet Pvt Ltd: Subisu is another largest ISP in Nepal with a coverage of around 65 districts out of 75 districts. Subisu was established in 2001. Today, subisu has around 1600+ staffs and 150,000+ customers. It Primarily provides cable and Fiber Internet and Digital TV Services through a HFC Network. Besides, it is also certified with ISO 9001:2015 certification. It was founded by Dristi Khanal and has Headquarter in Baluwatar, Kathmandu, Nepal. Tel: 01-4429616. For more information regarding plans and Pricing or any other queries please have a look at: https://subisu.net.np/.
3) Classic Tech: Classic Tech is another popular ISP in Nepal. It was esablished in July 2009. Classictech has deployed multi fiber route mile infrastructure over which it offers Ethernet Services at speeds up to 1 Gbps. It was Founded by Pramesh Kharel and is also CEO at Classic Tech. Its head office is located at New Baneshwor, Kathmandu.Tel: 9801006633. For More more information on Classic Tech please have a look at https://www.classic.com.np/.
4)Vianet: Vianet is another popular ISP in Nepal. It was estblished in 1999. It is located at Jawakhel Road , Lalitpur, Nepal. Tel: 01-5970444. The Managing Director and Owner at Vianet is Binay Bohra. Besides it is also an ISO 9001:2015 Certified Company. For more information on Vianet please have a look at: https://www.vianet.com.np/.
Beside these there are various others ISP Operating in Nepal. The complete list of ISP as of 30 January, 2017 is shown below:
1) Vianet Communication
2) Zishan Network Pvt Ltd
4) WorldLink Communication Pvt Ltd
5) Subisu CableNet Pvt. Ltd.
6) Mercantile Communication
7) Classic Tech Pvt Ltd
8) BroadBand Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
9) Nepal Telecom ADSL Service
10) Broadlink Networks and Communication Pvt Ltd
11) Infocom Pvt Ltd
12) Ultranet Communications
13) Konnect Nepal
14) Himalayan Online Service PVt Ltd
15) Websurfer Nepal Pvt Ltd
16) EAST LINK TECHNOLOGY PVT. LTD.
18) Techminds Network Pvt. Ltd.
19)Everest Link (P) Ltd.
20) Unified Communication Pvt. Ltd
21) Allied NetLink Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
22) Reliant Techno Networking Pvt. Ltd.
23) EDF Network pvt.ltd.