Today in this article let us have a look at the E-Commerce shopping (online-shopping) in Nepal. FIrst of all what is E-Commerce? According to Wikipedia, E-Commerce is the activity of buying or selling of products on online service or over the internet. So, if we are buying or selling any of the goods with the use of internet then it is E-Commerce. As the internet penetration has increased globally, so is the use of E-Commerce.
Status of E-Commerce Globally
If we look at the status of E-Commerce Industry globally, the rate of using E-Commerce is increasing rapidly. If we look at the Report Published by United Nation Conference on Trade and Development. Global e-commerce sales grew 13% in 2017, hitting an estimated $29 trillion. and the rate is increasing rapidly. For more information please have a look at https://unctad.org/en/pages/PressRelease.aspx?OriginalVersionID=505. The following table shows the list of Top Ten countries by E-commerce sales, 2017. and in the later years the figure is increasing.Similarly, The following figure shows the increasing rate of Global Online shoppers from 2015-2017.
Some of the Popular e-commerce websites globally are: Taobao, Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Target, Alibaba, Flipkart, NewEgg and many others.
Status Of E-Commerce In Nepal
Now, talking about Status of E-Commerce in Nepal, as the popularity of E-Commerce is Increasing globally, so is in Nepal. Today, As of 2019, there are 31 private ISP's In Nepal with nearly 16.67 million internet users nationwide. And According to export.gov roughly 40% of these accounts are commercial. Online E-Commerce Activities is mainly concentrated on Kathmandu Valley and some major cities. However with the increase of internet penetration the number of mobile users are increasing in rural areas and so is online activities. Today there are many E-Commerce Websites that are providing e-commerce in Nepal along with delivery service. Below is the list of some of the top E-Commerce websites in Nepal.
List Of E-Commerce Webite In Nepal
1) Daraz(daraz.com.np): Daraz was founded in 2012 in Pakistan by a German Venture Capital Company, Rocket Internet as a fashion retailer . However, in 2015 daraz started operating with general marketplace strategy and business model in 2015, which means now, daraz was not only selling fashion products but also other general items Online. Daraz Started its service in Nepal after Daraz group acquired Kaymu, which was consumer-to-consumer online marketplace in South Asia. Later, in May 2018, Daraz group announced that it had been acquired by Alibaba Group for an undisclosed amount. Along with Nepal, Today Daraz is providing its logistic services in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Srilanka and Myanmar. With daraz you can order your favorite products along with the facility of delivery system. for more information please have a look at https://www.daraz.com.np . daraz.com.np has an Alexa Ranking of 46.6K among all the websites ranked globally.
2) HamroBazar (hamrobazar.com): HamroBazar is another most popular Online E-Commerce Website. It is based on Consumer to Consumer(C2C) Business Model which means we can not only buy items but also sell our items. It enables individuals as well as companies to list wide varieties of new or used product online. It has Alexa Ranking of 60.4K. It was founded by Prabal Saakha who is also the Director of Saakha Group.
3) NepBay (nepbay.com): Nepbay is another popular ecommerce site in nepal. It started its service back in 2007 as an online directory of shops in Kathmandu and Lalitpur. Today, Nepbay provides varieties of items online. It has an Alexa Ranking of 328K. For more information please visit https://market.thulo.com/https://market.thulo.com/ .
4) SastoDeal (sastodeal.com): Sastodeal is also one of nepal's biggest online shopping website providing varieties of service. Sastodeal offers cash on delivery facility with delivery service to major cities in nepal. For more information please visit: https://www.sastodeal.com/ .
5) ESewaPasal(esewapasal.com): ESewa Pasal is another growing ecommerce website in nepal. It is owned by F1Soft. For more information please visit https://www.esewapasal.com.
Besides there are various other ecommerce websites operating in nepal that are providing quality service and is taking nepal to the next level of shopping. Some of the other e-comerce websites are:
8) Urban Girls( ugbazaar.com )e.t.c.
Thank you for reading this article. Please share it with your friends and family if you find this article useful. And Please do comment What you think about Status of E-Commerce In Nepal in the comment section below.