What is Machine Learning? Top Programming Languages For Machine Learning And Status Of Machine Learning In Nepal
In today’s world Artificial Intelligence (AI) is increasing its popularity day by day. And Machine Learning is a part of Artificial Intelligence that focuses on scientific study of algorithms and statistical models that computer system uses to perform a specific task without using explicit instructions, relying on patterns and inference instead. Or in a simple word, what we can say is Machine Learning is Programming that makes machine decide based on the predefined algorithm from the dataset. For more information please have a look at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine_learning.
So, we have discussed the process of machine learning. Now in this article let us have a look at the top Programming languages for machine learning.
Some Top Programming Languages For Machine Learning
1) Python: Python is considered as a top programming language among AI development because of its features like simplicity, easy to learn and so on. Python also supports the object oriented, functional as well as procedural oriented styles of programming. Besides python is an open source and has lots of libraries for machine learning and AI. For example, Numpy is a library that helps in solving of many scientific calculations. Similarly, Pybrain is a library which is used for machine learning in python.
2) R : R is another most used programming language for machine learning. R has various packages available for machine learning like RODBC, GModels, Class, Tm. These packages makes the implementation of machine language easy to use and solve complex problems.
3) Java : Java is another popular programming language for Machine Learning. Java was used even before Python and works very well in machine learning. Weka is the most popular toolkit for machine learning in Java. Weka contains tools for data-preprocessing, classification, regression, clustering, association rules and visualization. Similarly there are various other libraries in Java for performing machine learning.
4) Lisp : Lisp is another language for the devlopment of AI. It was invented by McCarthy who is the father of Artificial Intelligence. It is second-oldest high level programming language in widespread use today. Only fortran is older by one year.
5) ML.NET : ML.NET is a free machine learning library for C# and F# Programming Language. It also supports python models when used together with NimbusML. The first stable 1.0 stable version was released in 2019 on Build(Developer Conference).
Status Of Machine Learning In Nepal
The Popularity of Machine Learning ad AI has increased drastically in the recent years. However, There are only few IT companies in Nepal working in this field. The importance of AI is still not realized in Nepal.Software Company Like FuseMachine is a IT company working in AI. Fusemachine also has courses designed for Students who wants to learn AI. Similarly, another company named Paaila Technology is also working in this field. Paaila Technology has created several Robots, Ginger(Waiter Robot) is small reliable and autonomous robot to take food order from kitchen to table, similarly Pari 2.0 is business assistant humanoid robot capable of navigating on its own with human like gestures. Paaila Technology has also created various services like Nepali Speech Recognition, Nepali Text to Speech etc. Beside these there are various other milestone which are achieved both from organisation and individual level. Although developed countries are creating various innovations in this field, Developing Countries like Nepal, still needs lots of steps to reach to the new level.
Thank you for reading this article. Please note that the content in this article is a personal view. Please, share with us about the Machine Learning status in Nepal and what could be the best programming language for Machine Language in the comment section below.